Winter Park, FL AC Installation
Air conditioning is an essential tool for combatting the heat and humidity that come with living in the Winter Park area and throughout Central Florida. When a home or commercial air conditioning system breaks down, it can be expensive and frustrating. Sometimes repairs may be more costly than purchasing a new cooling system, or the air conditioner may be so damaged that repairs simply aren’t possible.
In situations like these, it may be time for you to start looking into AC replacement. Frank Gay Services has been providing HVAC services to the Orlando and Winter Park, Florida, area for over 40 years. Our NATE-certified technicians can explain your options, help you select a new AC cooling system for your budget, and quickly and skillfully install your new air conditioning unit for you.
If you need help with air conditioning repairs, maintenance, or installation in or around Winter Park, Florida, contact the certified AC techs at Frank Gay Services. We offer our customers a free price quote before beginning any HVAC services, and we stand behind our work with extensive, industry-leading warranties. Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 407-900-0497 to request and schedule our residential services, or 407-777-2256 for commercial.
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Winter Park, FL Air Conditioning System
At Frank Gay Services, we understand that replacing your AC system can be a major investment. Unfortunately, every air conditioner reaches the point where replacement is necessary. It makes more sense to switch out an old unit than to continue paying for costly repairs on an inefficient air conditioner.
The following are some indicators that it’s time to replace that old AC unit:
- Your air conditioner is over 10 years old. In the Winter Park area, due to the intense heat and humidity, an AC system is needed in businesses and residential homes throughout most of the year. While modern air conditioners are durable, even with regular maintenance, they typically need to be replaced every 10 to 15 years. What’s more, new air conditioning systems are much more energy-efficient than they were a decade ago. Replacing your AC unit will likely save you a considerable amount of money on your electric bill.
- Your cooling system uses R-22 freon. Older Winter Park, FL, business and residential cooling units used a refrigerant known as R-22 or freon. Since the substance was discovered to be a hazard to the environment, it has slowly been being phased out since 2010. As of 2020, freon is no longer imported or produced in the country. If your current cooling system uses freon, it’s eventually going to need to be replaced with a new air conditioner that uses R-410A or another coolant that will be supported for years to come.
- Your energy bills are high. If you’ve noticed an increase in your electric bill, this could be a sign that your HVAC system needs to be replaced. As Winter Park, FL, heating and cooling systems age, they become less energy efficient which is reflected in a higher electric bill.
- Your AC no longer keeps your home comfortable. An older Winter Park, Florida, HVAC system may struggle to keep your home at a consistent temperature. Poor air quality or weak airflow could be signs of serious issues with your current AC unit. A certified technician from Frank Gay Services will be able to inspect your air conditioner and determine whether this is an issue that can be resolved. It may be more cost-efficient to replace and install a new AC system.
- Your air conditioner requires frequent and expensive repairs. It’s not unusual for an AC unit to need to be repaired from time to time. However, if you’re frequently having to call a service technician, or if a major AC repair is required, the cost will likely be comparable to the new air conditioner installation.
What is a Seer Rating and How Does It Affect My Purchase of a New Air Conditioner?
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio; it is a number assigned to every air conditioning unit to describe how energy efficient it is. The higher the number assigned to the air conditioner, the more energy-efficient it is. In order to qualify for an Energy Star rating, a unit needs to score a 14 on the SEER rating system.
At Frank Gay Services in Winter Park, FL, we have new cooling systems available with SEER ratings as high as 21. Most older commercial air conditioners consume a lot of energy and have a low SEER rating. If your unit scores lower than 13, it is considered to be a low-efficiency air conditioner. A new cooling unit can reduce your energy bill, which over time pays for the higher up-front costs of the unit.
A NATE-certified tech at Frank Gay Services can help you determine whether you need a new AC unit and help you select one with the highest SEER rating that meets your budget. If you have questions about a unit’s SEER rating or if you need air conditioner installation, maintenance, or repair, call our Winter Park, Florida, office today to set up an appointment.
Contact the Air Conditioning Experts At Frank Gay Services For Your Free Quote
When the time comes to replace your existing AC unit, our Winter Park, FL, team of certified technicians is here and ready to help. At Frank Gay Services, we work with all brands of air conditioning units and have many units on hand that we can install immediately in your home or business.
We care about our customers and offer them a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Our entire company has been built around the idea that our customers deserve the best possible treatment, starting with trustworthy technicians. Every one of our technicians is licensed, certified, and receives regular training to stay up-to-date with the latest products and developments in the industry.
Frank Gay Services has proudly been serving the Winter Park and Orlando, FL, area for over 40 years. Our fast and friendly technicians are standing by ready to help with your reliable air conditioner installation today. If you want the job done right, contact one of our trained AC specialists today at 407-900-0497 to schedule a visit to your Winter Park home, or 407-777-2256 for our commercial services.